Everyone is interesting saving money, and in the shopping market timing is everything. For many years, I have shared with clients that the best deals generally come in the off season if you know where to find them. Here are five things you could look for in the month of July.
1) Summer Clothing- As the dog days of summer are upon us and the return to school begins, many department stores will put their summer clothes, bathing suites, and shoes on sale. Check out stores toward the end of this month and you will be sure to find a bargain or two from the large chain stores to your local boutique.
2) Grill and Outdoor Patio Furniture- Especially in the areas where you have all four seasons, toward the end of July you will see fantastic deals on outdoor chairs, patio furniture, grills, and grill accessories. Much of the higher end pricing leads up to the 4th of July, and even though you may only get a few months out of the purchase this year you can save hundreds of dollars by making those purchases now.
3) Gym Memberships – With most New Year’s Resolutions gone out the window and many people spending their time outdoor, the summer is a great time to find a gym membership bargain. The fact that gyms (and country clubs) are hurting in this economy will give you bargaining power to get a good deal.
4) Paint- Not many people like painting in the 100 degree weather making it a great time to look at buying both Interior and Exterior paint. Even though you may not paint the house or that guest room now, consider stocking up on paint during the summer.
5) Sports Equipment- Looking for that new tennis racket, baseball glove, or croquet set. At the end of this month check out the sales at major or local sporting good stores. Just like clothing retail, new items come on the market each and every year and these stores want to sell their inventory.
Ted Jenkin, CFP®, AAMS®, AWMA®, CRPC®, CMFC®, CRPS®
Co-CEO and Founder oXYGen Financial, Inc.
Request a FREE consultation: www.oxygenfinancial.net
Securities and Investment Advisory Services offered through NFP Advisor Services, LLC (NFPAS), Member FINRA/SIPC. Oxygen Financial is not affiliated with NFPAS. NFPAS does not provide tax or legal advice. This site is published for residents of the United States only. Registered Representatives and Investment Advisor Representatives of NFP Advisor Services, LLC (NFPAS) may only conduct business with residents of the states and jurisdictions in which they are properly registered. Therefore, a response to a request for information may be delayed. Not all products and services referenced on this site are available in every state and through every representative or advisor listed. For additional information, please contact NFPAS Compliance Department at 512-697-6000. PLEASE NOTE: The information being provided is strictly as a courtesy. When you link to any of the web sites provided here, you are leaving this web site. NFP Advisor Services, LLC makes no representation as to the completeness or accuracy of information provided at these web sites. Nor is NFP Advisor Services, LLC liable for any direct or indirect technical or system issues or any consequences arising out of your access to or your use of third-party technologies, web sites, information and programs made available through this web site. When you access one of these web sites, you are leaving our web site and assume total responsibility and risk for your use of the web sites you are linking to.