We all know that investments can be for short term, medium term, or long term. Investments are often thought of in terms of stocks, bonds, mutual funds, real estate, etc. Some people invest their money in private ventures and some in public companies. Business owners will almost always tell you the best investment is their business. In my opinion, the biggest investment mistake each and every person makes on a yearly basis is not setting aside enough of their personal income to invest in themselves. Investing in yourself can be personally, professionally, and financially rewarding. Here are my top five ways to invest in YOU!
- Advance Your Education- There are so many outlets today to gain extra knowledge and education. It doesn’t have to be done necessarily by going back to school full time. You could do a three day executive course or just sign up for one night class. You could take an online course on a site like www.udemy.com. You could pick up a new certificate. For example if you were a medical coder, you could go to www.mmi-classes.com to get the ever important ICD-10 courses taken.
- Hire A Personal Trainer- This doesn’t have to be forever, but you will generally only be able to push your body to certain limitations as you get older. Personal trainers can stretch you out better than you can yourself. They may shock your body with a different type of workout. When you feel better about yourself, you perform better in life.
- Become An Expert In ONE Specialty- “All you have to do to become an expert is read five books on the same subject.” is my opinion. Now, this may not make you a top expert, but you will be more knowledgeable than 99% of the people out there. This is a $100 cash investment and your time.
- Learn A New Language- More and more companies are looking for employees who are bilingual. Whether you take a Rosetta Stone course or you hire a coach, this can have a big impact on your career. My cousin Jay who lives in Washington, D.C. can now speak four different languages and he has spurred me on to learn one as well.
- Pick Up A Hobby- You all need a way to detach from the world. Even if it is just for a little while. I recently took up Tennis and for the couple of hours that I am on the court nothing else matters. It could be music, photography, cooking, or just any good hobby that will shut your phone off for a while. Detaching from work will make you better at what you do when you have to work.
Ultimately, all investments need to be quantified for their overall rate of return. Consider how these top five ways to invest in yourself could grow your overall earning potential or even reduce your medical costs by increasing your personal health. Either way, it’s important that you take 1% to 3% of your yearly income and invest it in YOU. It is the biggest mistake investors make in today’s market. What other ways would you make an investment in YOU??
Request a FREE consultation: www.oxygenfinancial.net