There are things that annoy all of us. Don’t you wish you could just make a list so you could go off on some Dennis Miller like tirade of things that just set you off? They say as you get older, that more things make you cranky. I’m not sure if that is accurate or not, but here is the official list of 10 things that annoyed me in 2015.
- Alex Trebek- We watch Jeopardy many nights, and frankly I’m sick and tired of Trebek’s smarminess acting like he knows every answer known to man. Pretty easy with a cue card. The worst of it is when he made fun of a guy who won the show twice from Nashville, TN, letting the audience know that even though he talks slow he still knows his stuff.
- Taquerias and Burger Places- Enough is enough. How many ways can you make a taco or a gourmet burger? I would easily trade in ten of these places and substitute them for a good old fashioned diner. The burgers are just as good and who doesn’t love breakfast served all day long?
- Fit Bits- Seems like everyone has one on their wrists these days. Now that you know you took 10,000 steps today, do you feel better about yourself? Unfortunately, the Fitbit doesn’t count the calories you intake as you eat every meal during the day. That might be scary!
- Are You Ready For Dessert?- This goes out to every single server at every restaurant I ate at this year who asked me if I saved room for dessert when I was still in the middle of eating my dinner. Here’s a clue…..wait until you take the dinner plates away, drop them off, and then come back 10 to 15 minutes later to ask me the same question.
- Justin Bieber- I get the whole Tiger Beat thing when the kid was a teenager, but I just don’t understand the fascination for this guy and his music. It can’t just be that I’m older, but hasn’t he worn out his welcome?
- Cell Phone Calls On Airplanes- It’s great to have learned that your family is going to meet you when you get to baggage claim and you’ll all be going to the Waffle House for dinner, but you might want to realize that when the plane shuts down everyone can hear what you are saying from the front of the plane to the back. Your best option is to whisper unless you really want me to know your visitation plans for the next few days.
- Superstar Chefs- Since when did Chefs act like they were getting knighted like Doctors? Just because you can make a mean BBQ sandwich or a souped up version of lasagna doesn’t mean you should get treated like royalty. You’d think that some of these chefs are curing cancer, but instead they take four random ingredients and turn them into a tasty treat for dessert.
- Junk E-Mail- Why oh why must you have three boxes checked when I enroll for a new product or service that I must uncheck at the time of sign up? We move so fast today that many of us forget to uncheck the boxes until we are deluged with junk e-mail that we truly don’t want. You need to check out my prior article about unroll.me to get rid of this trash.
- Sharing Your Opinion On Facebook- Nobody cares. Even for Conrad Bain from Different Strokes.
- Anyone who invites me to play Candy Crush- Ok. I get it. Everyone has some game or something they do to kill some extra time. Try the new coloring books and pencils to ease your stress, but please stop inviting me to play some game as I would rather read a book.
What annoyed you the most in 2015?
Request a FREE No-Obligation Consultation: www.oxygenfinancial.net
Ted Jenkin is a frequent guest columnist for the Wall Street Journal and Headline News Weekend Express. He is the co-CEO of oXYGen Financial. You can follow him on LinkedIn @ www.linkedin.com/in/theceoadvisor or on Twitter @tedjenkin.