There is no doubt that this entire month is going to be spent hanging out at holiday parties, shopping at the department stores, and thinking about how fast each goes by as you get older. While we will see all sorts of gadgets, clothes, and toys that you can buy this holiday season, perhaps it might be a good idea to consider a gift that could help one of your friends or family members build some wealth. Here are my five your smart money moves that can help the ones you love increase their bottom line.
- uniquestockgift.com – What better way to help someone build wealth than actually purchasing them ONE share of stock? With Unique Gift Stock, you literally have hundreds of companies to choose from to buy one share of stock in a company and then give it away as a gift. You can present the stock in a beautiful frame with a personalized plaque note. From that point on, the recipient can reinvest the dividends and buy more shares of that same stock. Your overall cost will depend on the price of share of the stock.
- ynab.com – If you have learned of a friend or a family member who is constantly complaining or worried about debt, then perhaps a great gift would be a one year subscription to You Need A Budget. According to YNAB, the average subscriber saves $3,300 in just the first year of using the overall budgeting system. Now, that is a way to really put some money in a loved one’s pocket!
- Treasurydirect.gov – Why in the world would you go to the Treasury to find a gift? Well, quite simply you can now buy electronic savings bonds. While the traditional EE bonds may not have the biggest interest rate today, you can also purchase I bonds as well which are directly tied to inflation. You must set up an account on Treasury Direct and be able to provide the full legal name, social security number, and have the Treasury Direct number up and going.
- Coin Sorter And Wrapper – Since we seem to dispose of change like it has no value, you may want to consider the Royal Sovereign FS44P 4 Row coin machine. You can buy this on Amazon. Developers have merged state of the art technology with a sleek and attractive physique, which combine to host an aura of industry and enterprise. The person who uses the FS-44P will be able to count 312 coins per minute, and it holds 800 coins at one time. The FS-44P also has an anti-jam mechanism, so you will be able to use it continuously without any problems. This hands-free device prints a receipt when it is done, revealing the total sum of each denomination of coin as well as their combined total.
- Get Them A Book To Read – There are many good basic financial books out there, but for sure you ought to read my book 100 Smart Money Moves You Can Make Right Now! This books covers 10 chapters head to toe with stories about debt, retirement, taxes, and much more. For only $14.99, this could make a great stocking stuffer http://amzn.to/2gv0rmj for the holidays!