Valentine’s Day is in the air and what will this mean to your wallet? According to the National Retail Federation, 10 years ago more than 60% of adults planned to celebrate, but today that number has dropped to more than half. Have we lost that loving feeling?? Despite the number of people who plan to participate, it is expected that sales top 20 billion this year for Valentine’s Day, and the average spend is targeting $161.96 per person by the time you throw in cards, candy, gifts, and entertainment. So, if you are trying to continue your New Year’s Resolution and stick to a budget, what are some good ideas to have a great gift while not breaking the bank?
- Date Crate– Some of us have the hardest time coming up with an idea for a date night beyond eating out, the movies, or just grabbing a drink. What Date Crate will do for you through a subscription service is deliver you around the 10th of the month a unique date in a box idea each and every month. Each experience is something original from DIY activities, to a cooking/baking night, and even an adventure guide with supplies. $34.99 is what is costs to get started on your first date night adventure.
- QALO– Did you ever get worried you would take a trip and lose your wedding ring or a special ring you got for a gift? Are you a crossfitter or someone who likes to workout vigorously and constantly having your wedding ring leave marks on your finger? Do you play tennis or golf and find your ring to be an obstacle when you grip the racket or the golf club? QALO has revolutionized the ring industry by creating sleek and stylish rings that you can completely customized head to toe including engraving them. For only $20 to $30, the rings are super affordable, and you’ll get comfort and comments at the same time. This could be a great way to say I love you on Valentine’s Day.
- FACESOCKS– From the makers of Pup Socks. This is a neat idea so your loved one doesn’t forget you when they are working out or they are on a road trip. Simply go to the website an upload a picture, pick the type of socks that you want to buy, and create a unique pair of socks nobody will ever forget. Has your mother asked you as of late, “How can I get some more picture of you or your kids?” Well, now you have a solution to fix this for your mother or for a loved one. At only $24.99, who could resist a pair of face socks for Valentine’s Day?
- OHUHU DOUBLE SLEEPING BAG– If you love camping or you think you’ll have to crash somewhere over the next year, the Ohuhu double sleeping bag could be a way to keep you warm at night. The sleeping bag easily fits two people and also comes with two comfortable pillows. There are zippers that would allow you to detach to two individual sleeping bags, and all of the sleeping bags are lined with high quality water resistant polyester. Each bag is filled with luxurious cotton, so you feel like you are sleeping on a cloud. The best news for hikers, backpackers, or people who just want a night of snuggling? The Ohuhu sleeping bag is only $39.99.
- MINI USB FRIDGE COOLER– So, you want to keep your drink cool at work? As we move to having more and more collaborative work spaces, many of the new desks have a USB charger right at your fingertips. With the USB mini fridge cooler, you can take your favorite can of Coca-Cola or San Pellegrino and keep it cool all day long. Simply put the setting at II and you have four feet of USB cable to use no matter what your office location looks like today. Don’t let that half of can of soda go to waste just because it got warm because you were working at lunchtime. Here is a great idea on how to keep your drink cool all day.