My friends and family all think I’m a workaholic, but I say I’m just a guy that loves to help people do better in life.
My mother is still the only one that calls me by my real name Theodore Michael, my wife calls me Teddy, but for the rest of you it is just plain old Ted.
Ever since I was a little kid, I always loved money and being an entrepreneur. In fact, I still have cassette tapes of me talking to my grandmother at the age of five and my mother tells me all the time how much I played with money as a kid.
At just seven years old I really started my first first business. I just took all of the junk I didn’t want on my room and literally set up a mini garage sale on my stoop waiting for the other kids to buy. At the age of 12, I created the first pet walking service in my neighborhood (of course my mother hated me for this one), and then quickly got myself into working multiple jobs to make money.
After finishing the tops in statewide accounting tests and being tops in class for math and finance and finishing with almost every single class being an “A” in high school, I was off to Boston College to get my degree.
THEN TRAGEDY STUCK!
The tragedy being that my father passed away. My family was one where dad handled the finances and mom didn’t ask questions. When we learned of what kind of planning my father did, it really wasn’t any planning at all. In fact, he left behind almost $100,000 of credit card debt, had no 401(k), a tiny company insurance policy for $25,000, and left two mortgages on the house. In the wake of this, fortunately my mother had been working hard for 15 years being a public 5th grade schoolteacher. The only real option we had to was to set a plan for her, let her work hard toward a 30 year pension, and create the best situation given the very unfortunate circumstances.
SO WHAT THEN DO YOU DO WITH YOUR LIFE?
YOU TEACH OTHERS HOW TO BE GREAT A BUILDING A FINANCIAL PLAN FOR SUCCESS?
And that is exactly what I have been doing for the past 25 years….and have the credentials to show you how to do better with your money.
· The Wall Street Journal features me monthly in their Wall Street Journal-The Wealth Management Experts.
· CNN Headline News has me has a frequent guest as their Money Expert
· The Weather Channel has made me the only financial advisor in the country who provides financial advice for emergency financial situations.
· I carry SIX advanced designations from the College For Financial Planning including the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certification..
· I was the youngest Field Vice President in the history of American Express Financial Advisors.
· I have counseled more than 20,000 families in my career and have been quoted in more than 150 magazines and newspapers.
SO WHY ARE YOU HERE AT YOUR SMART MONEY MOVES?
My goal with your smart money moves is to bring you common sense financial advice. Most of the major networks and many high falutin financial advisors use words and jargon that may be over your head. What I have learned is that most people are so busy in their hectic schedules that they need easy to implement advice for their daily lives. That is exactly what you’ll get from me in this column, plus some funny insight about our emotions and how we think about our money. So if you are confused about….
· How to get smart on spending less on day to day purchases
· How to pay the least you can in taxes
· How to get free aid for your future college graduates
· How to invest your money in the smartest way possible
· How to buy the right type of insurance
· How to be a smart entrepreneur
THEN YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE
Here is my e-mail (click here)
Here is my direct number 678-551-7943
Make sure you sign up below to be a part of my weekly Sunday Paper chock full of tips and tricks how to be smarter financially. And most of all this is daily therapy for me. My focus is to help you and your family so that you never have to go through what I did many years ago. It helped me become the multi-millionaire I am today and I am to get you there as well!
Background and qualification information is available at FINRA’s BrokerCheck website.